Welcome, adventurers! If you’re planning a Grecian getaway, you’ve probably found yourself asking this question: Who flies to Mykonos from London? Well, you’re in luck. This comprehensive guide will answer this question and more, ensuring your trip to the sun-soaked island of Mykonos is as smooth as possible.
Flight Options: London to Mykonos
Several airlines operate flights from London to Mykonos. Here’s a rundown of your options:
- EasyJet: This budget airline is a popular choice for travelers seeking a cost-effective way to reach Mykonos. With multiple flights per week during summer, it’s a convenient option too.
- British Airways: For a more premium experience, consider flying with British Airways. They offer daily flights to Mykonos from London Heathrow during the summer months.
- Wizz Air: Another budget-friendly option, Wizz Air operates flights from London Luton to Mykonos. Just be aware that they have a slightly less frequent schedule than some other airlines.
The flight from London to Mykonos typically takes around four hours. Keep in mind that flight times can vary depending on factors like wind speed and the specific flight route. Most flights are direct, but some may include a stopover in Athens, especially during the off-peak season.
Arriving in Mykonos
Upon landing at Mykonos International Airport, you’ll find yourself just a short distance from the island’s main town, Mykonos Town (also known as Chora). Taxis are readily available, or you can opt for a private transfer for a more luxurious arrival. If you’re planning to explore the island extensively, consider hiring a car or a scooter.
When to Fly
Mykonos is a summer destination, and the island truly comes alive from May through September. This is when you’ll find the most frequent flights from London to Mykonos, as well as the most vibrant nightlife and the best weather. However, if you prefer a quieter, more relaxed atmosphere, consider visiting in the shoulder season (April and October).
Before you jet off to Mykonos, here are a few tips to ensure your journey goes smoothly:
- Check Your Airport: London has several airports, so double-check which one your flight departs from. The most common are London Heathrow, London Gatwick, and London Luton.
- Arrive Early: Especially during the summer, flights to Mykonos can be busy. Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight to ensure you have plenty of time.
- Check Baggage Policies: Baggage policies can vary greatly between airlines, especially budget carriers. Be sure to check your airline’s policy to avoid any unexpected fees.
With its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and charming old town, Mykonos is a destination that should be on every traveler’s bucket list. Whether you’re flying budget with EasyJet or splurging on a premium experience with British Airways, your journey from London to Mykonos promises to be the start of an unforgettable adventure. Safe travels!
Planning a trip to Mykonos?
Check out “Where to Stay in Mykonos in 2024” for top tips on the coolest areas and comfiest hotels, perfect for any travel style or budget. Get the inside scoop here and make your Mykonos adventure unforgettable!
5 Mykonos hotels near Paradise beach
Where to Stay in Mykonos on a Budget
The 15 Best Mykonos Hotels on the Beach
Mykonos vs Santorini. Which one is better to visit?
The 15 best Mykonos Hotels with Private Pools
Mykonos Nightlife Guide: The 20 best bars, night clubs and Beach clubs in Mykonos
Best area to stay in Mykonos
Where to stay in Mykonos: Beach or Town
Best 5 Star Hotels in Mykonos
Best time to visit Mykonos
Best Suite Hotels in Mykonos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Nammos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Town
Best Mykonos Hotels for Yoga
Mykonos to Athens by Ferry or Flight