If you’re trying to find the perfect gay summer holiday destination, look no further than Mykonos. This Greek island has become one of the most popular gay destinations on the planet, and for good reason!
The island is full of stunning and traditional architecture, but don’t be mistaken, its culture is modern and diverse. In Mykonos, everyone is welcomed with open arms. The gay community on the island is thriving, and you’ll have the chance to visit gay beaches, bars, and even gay hotels.
But before you can enjoy all that Mykonos has to offer, you’ll need to decide where to stay on the island. Here are the 10 best gay hotels in Mykonos, and everything you need to know about each of them.
- The Best Gay Hotels In Mykonos
- 1: Elysium Hotel ****
- 2: Geranium Residence Adults Only ****
- 3: Kouros Hotel & Suites *****
- 4: Andronikos Hotel ****
- 5: Mykonos Theoxenia Boutique Hotel *****
- 6: Hermes Mykonos Hotel ****
- 8: Poseidon Hotel Suites ***
- 9: Hotel Adonis ***
The Best Gay Hotels In Mykonos
1: Elysium Hotel ****
Elsium Hotel is one of the most well known gay hotels in Mykonos. This four-star hotel has everything you could need, from luxury, to relaxation, to night life, it has it all.
Whether you want to relax by the pool, take a 9-minute stroll to the beach, have a soothing massage, or party the night away, Elysium is perfect for all kinds of holidays.
The hotel is within walking distance of the beach and has shopping and nightlife opportunities nearby. You can enjoy the convenience of a central hotel as well as the peace and privacy of a tucked away resort.
- It’s only a 9-minute walk from the beach
- Elysium isn’t just ‘gay friendly’, it’s one of only two specifically gay hotels on the island
- There’s an outdoor pool and hot tub, with great views of the island
- A continental breakfast buffet is included
- There’s evening entertainment in the resort (parties, cabarets and drag shows etc.)
- Drinks at the bar can be quite pricey
- The hotel is almost exclusively for gay tourists, so it might not be suitable if you’re traveling with straight friends
- The rooms are fairly basic
Double room cost per night in July: €300
Double room cost per night in August: €380
2: Geranium Residence Adults Only ****
This is the only other specifically gay hotel in Mykonos, but it’s got quite a different vibe to Elysium. It’s not quite as central, which makes it a more peaceful and private resort.
The hotel has an all-white design, and is clean and modern. The rooms are spacious, and if you like to cook for yourself, you can upgrade from a double room to a studio or even a villa. And of course all the rooms have air conditioning, so in the hot summer heat, your room will be a haven of cool.
The Geranium Residence is strictly adults only, so you can sunbathe or take a swim without having to worry about excited kids ruining your relaxing holiday.
Whilst Geranium isn’t a wild party destination, there’s a lounge area that serves drinks, cocktails and food.
- It’s a specifically gay hotel, one of only two on the island (the other being Elysium)
- Beautiful resort with modern décor
- Perfect for those who want peace and privacy
- It’s an adults-only resort, so you won’t encounter a lot of noise
- It’s only 1.2 miles away from Mykonos airport
- It’s not particularly central
- It’s quite pricey
Double room cost per night in July: €700
Double room cost per night in August: €930
3: Kouros Hotel & Suites *****
If you’re looking for a romantic retreat in a luxury resort, Kouros is the gay friendly Mykonos hotel for you. Whatever room or suite you go for you’ll have a terrace looking out to sea or over the island. So you can relax in the sun without even leaving your room or suite.
And when you’re ready to hit the town, this 5* hotel is only a few minutes away from some of the best nightlife in Mykonos. You can easily use this hotel as a base if you’re planning on venturing out to the island’s gay bars.
Once you’ve spent the day (or night) adventuring around the island, you’ll look forward to returning to this luxury hotel. Some suites even come with their own private spa bath and hot tub, so you can have the ultimate relaxing experience.
You can get a bite to eat or enjoy a few drinks at the hotel, as there’s an on-site restaurant. A hearty breakfast is included to set you up for your day. Breakfast includes a buffet with Continental and American options. There’s also plenty for vegetarians and vegans too!
- One of the most luxurious resorts in Mykonos
- Close to gay bars and nightlife
- Shuttle bus to the centre which makes shopping and exploring easier
- An incredible breakfast is included in the price of the room
- There’s a beautiful swimming pool with views of the beach
- It’s practically on the beach
- Some suites have spa baths and hot tubs
- There’s an on-site restaurant
- Breath-taking views from room terraces
Narrow streets can make driving to the hotel tricky, but still not impossible
Double room cost per night in July: €615
Double room cost per night in August: €615
4: Andronikos Hotel ****
Andronikos is another luxury and gay friendly hotel in Mykonos. Each room is beautifully designed, and many have a spa bath and a terrace with a view.
But once you venture outside of your room, that’s when the Andronikos starts to really impress. The outdoor pool is the perfect place to soak up some sun or take a dip. And if you want to dine in style, the on-site Lady Finger bar is an award winning restaurant that serves Greek cuisine. Or for a lighter bite, or a few cheeky holiday drinks, there’s the Orange Blue Bar.
The Earth Spa also gives you the chance to fully unwind with a massage, facial treatments, and luxury beauty products.
- It’s located out of the centre, so it’s peaceful and private
- Beautiful rooms, many with a spa bath and terrace
- Award winning restaurant and casual bar on-site
- The Earth Spa offers massages and treatments
- The outdoor pool is the perfect sunbathing spot
- Continental and American breakfast buffet included
- It’s quite far away from the centre
Double room cost per night in July: €365
Double room cost per night in August: €657
5: Mykonos Theoxenia Boutique Hotel *****
This 5* hotel is right in the centre of Little Venice, where you’ll find some of the island’s best gay scenes. You’ll be just a few moments from some top gay bars, as well as great shops and of course, the beach.
The hotel is designed with 60s décor in mind, but still you’ll benefit from a modern room and modern facilities. Some rooms have a spa bath, and the outdoor pool is spacious and fully equipped with sun loungers and parasols.
The spa also offers relaxing experiences such as massages and treatments, to help you make the most of your holiday.
And to top off the luxury, you’ll be given a welcome pack of goodies (including sparkling wine) when you arrive!
- Ideal location, in the centre of Little Venice
- Close to lots of gay bars
- Outdoor pool for sunbathing
- Health and wellbeing spa
- Breakfast buffet included
- It’s a lively location, so may not be as quiet as other resorts
Double room cost per night in July: €540
Double room cost per night in August: €688
6: Hermes Mykonos Hotel ****
Hermes is one of the most popular hotels in Mykonos for gay tourists. It’s a luxury 4* hotel that’s placed perfectly on the top of a hill, so the whole hotel has beautiful views of the island. In fact, Hermes is one of the best places to watch the sunset.
The location really sells this hotel. It’s close enough to the centre that it can be reached on foot, but far enough away to offer peace, quiet and privacy. So for those that want to relax by the pool, and enjoy a cocktail in the hotel bar, it’s ideal. But likewise, for party goers who want to dance the night away, there are plenty of gay bars only a ten-minute walk away.
- Amazing views of the island
- Ideal location – tucked away, but not too far from the hustle and bustle of the centre
- Outdoor pool with a view
- It’s one of the friendliest hotels on the island
- 24-hour front desk can help you with anything you need (tours, car rentals, transfers etc.)
- Free private parking
- Free airport transfers
- Delicious buffet breakfast included, with vegetarian and vegan options
- It’s a walk away from the centre of town
Double room cost per night in July: €670
Double room cost per night in August: €735
7: Harmony Boutique Hotel Mykonos ****
The Harmony Boutique Hotel is the perfect blend of modern and traditional. The coastal theme fits perfectly with the beautiful sea views, and the rooms with balconies have the most impressive views of the island’s sunset.
Located next to the Old Port, Harmony Hotel is within walking distance from some of the best shopping and nightlife opportunities. The hotel is a top choice for those looking for gay-friendly hotels in Mykonos.
The outdoor pool is the perfect sun trap, so you can top up your tan whilst taking a dip. And after a day in the sun, the hotel spa centre offers you complete relaxation, with massages and treatments on offer, and facilities including a sauna. There’s even a gym if you want to stay in shape throughout your holiday.
- Great location – within walking distance to the waterfront, shops and nightlife (including gay bars!)
- Clean and modern rooms
- Different room options – some have sea view balconies, some have private outdoor hot tubs
- The outdoor pool is the perfect suntrap
- Super friendly staff
- Delicious buffet breakfast with lots of different options available
- On-site bar serving a selection of drinks
- Spa centre offers relaxing treatments
- Breakfast has a range of items available, but it is usually the same or similar food each day
Double room cost per night in July: €250
Double room cost per night in August: €360
8: Poseidon Hotel Suites ***
Poseidon Hotel Suites is a great gay-friendly hotel in Mykonos. It’s just minutes away from some of the best gay bars and dance clubs. That being said, it’s still in quite a peaceful location.
It’s slightly tucked away, out of the centre, so whilst the bars and clubs are only a few minutes away, you can still enjoy a relaxing holiday in peace.
However, if you’re craving adventure, Poseidon Hotel Suites can cater for that too. They have motor yachts which you can rent to explore the beaches.
Every room has a balcony, so you can soak up the sun from your room, and enjoy the views of the island. Some rooms also come with a spa bath or even a private hot tub.
The freshwater pool has plenty of sun loungers dotted around the edge, making it a great spot for sunbathing. The loungers are super comfortable, and there’s one parasol to every two loungers, so you can easily relax by the pool for hours on end.
- Great location for those who want to enjoy nightlife and/or a relaxing poolside holiday
- Buffet breakfast with continental options and homemade delicacies
- Neaby attractions include Mykonos Windmills, sand coves, and the chapel of Agios Charalambis
- The hotel has motor yachts for hire, so you can explore Mykonos beaches in style
- Freshwater outdoor pool with sun loungers and parasols
- Free parking on-site
- They offer a free transfer service, making travel to/from the airport easier
- The pool isn’t always heated
Double room cost per night in July: €360
Double room cost per night in August: €360
9: Hotel Adonis ***
Hotel Adonis, named after a young and beautiful man, is one of the most gay-friendly hotels in Mykonos, so you can always expect a warm welcome.
The hotel is in an ideal location, with both the town centre and Little Venice just minutes away by foot. But even closer than the centre is the Mykonos Windmills. It’s also just a few steps from Megali Ammos beach, which is a top beach for swimming and relaxing in the golden sand.
- Ideal location – close to the beach, the town centre and Little Venice
- Continental breakfast buffet included
- Shuttle services to the town
- 24-hour front desk who are happy to help with anything you need
- You can rent a car from the hotel
- One of the most gay-friendly hotels in Mykonos
- Sometimes the double beds consist of two singles pushed together
- Central location means it can be noisy at night
Double room cost per night in July: €360
Double room cost per night in August: €360
10: Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort *****
Last in our list, but by no means least, is the 5* Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort. You can expect incredible views, over not just Mykonos but also over Delos Island. And just a stone’s throw away is the sweeping Agios Ioannis beach.
If you’re a fan of the finer things in life, this is definitely the hotel for you. You can expect fine dining in the hotel restaurant, or experience a glass of champagne in the bar. There’s also a tennis court, a fully equipped gym, and a beautiful infinity pool.
And for those that want to have a pampering holiday, the spa offers a range of natural treatments.
- Just a few steps away from the beach
- On-site tennis court and gym
- Health spa offering natural treatments based on traditional Greek techniques
- Infinity pool overlooking the sea
- Breakfast buffet with Continental and American options
- Fine dining in the restaurant
- Incredible sea and city views
- It’s quite far out of the centre
Double room cost per night in July: €877
Double room cost per night in August: €740
Mykonos is one of the most gay-friendly destinations in the world, so there’s a huge selection of gay friendly hotels on the island. Each gay hotel in Mykonos has its advantages, so it’s worth deciding what you want from your holiday: beach days, relaxation, adventure, nightlife, or a little of everything.
To help you get a better, visual idea of where to stay in Mykonos, here’s a map with all of the above hotels pinned. Take a look and see exactly where the best gay hotels in Mykonos are:
5 Mykonos hotels near Paradise beach
Where to Stay in Mykonos on a Budget
The 15 Best Mykonos Hotels on the Beach
Mykonos vs Santorini. Which one is better to visit?
The 15 best Mykonos Hotels with Private Pools
Mykonos Nightlife Guide: The 20 best bars, night clubs and Beach clubs in Mykonos
Best area to stay in Mykonos
Where to stay in Mykonos: Beach or Town
Best 5 Star Hotels in Mykonos
Best time to visit Mykonos
Best Suite Hotels in Mykonos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Nammos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Town
Best Mykonos Hotels for Yoga
Mykonos to Athens by Ferry or Flight