Known for its vibrant nightlife, white-washed buildings, and stunning beaches, Mykonos is a gem of the Greek Islands. Despite its small size, this island is brimming with things to do and see. If you only have one day to explore, you’ll want to make every minute count. This guide will help you maximize your time and experience the best of what Mykonos has to offer.
Morning: Exploring Mykonos Town
Your day begins in Mykonos Town, also known as Chora. This bustling hub is the heart of the island and a great place to start your adventure.
- Old Port: Start your morning with a leisurely stroll around the Old Port. The picturesque harbor offers stunning views and is the perfect spot for a morning coffee.
- Panagia Paraportiani: Next, visit the iconic church of Panagia Paraportiani. This architectural marvel dates back to the 15th century and is one of the most photographed spots on the island.
- Matogianni Street: Make your way to Matogianni Street, the main shopping street in Mykonos Town. Here, you’ll find a wide variety of shops selling everything from designer clothes to local handicrafts.
Afternoon: Hitting the Beach and Lunch at a Taverna
After exploring Mykonos Town, it’s time to hit the beach. Mykonos is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters.
- Super Paradise Beach: This is one of the most popular beaches on the island. It’s a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying the lively beach bars.
- Lunch at a Local Taverna: After a morning of exploration and a refreshing swim, refuel with a delicious meal at a local taverna. Try traditional Greek dishes like moussaka or souvlaki, paired with a glass of local wine.
Late Afternoon: Visit to the Windmills
In the late afternoon, make your way to the famous Windmills of Mykonos. These iconic structures offer a fantastic photo opportunity and breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
Evening: Sunset Dinner and Nightlife
As the sun begins to set, it’s time to experience Mykonos’ famous nightlife.
- Sunset Dinner: Start your evening with a sunset dinner at one of the island’s many seafront restaurants. Enjoy fresh seafood while watching the sun set over the Aegean Sea.
- Nightlife: After dinner, head to one of the island’s many nightclubs or bars. Mykonos is famous for its vibrant nightlife, with plenty of options to dance the night away.
Even with just one day in Mykonos, you can experience a taste of everything the island has to offer. From the charming streets of Mykonos Town to the stunning beaches, delicious cuisine, and lively nightlife, there’s something for everyone on this beautiful Greek island.
Planning a trip to Mykonos?
Check out “Where to Stay in Mykonos in 2024” for top tips on the coolest areas and comfiest hotels, perfect for any travel style or budget. Get the inside scoop here and make your Mykonos adventure unforgettable!
5 Mykonos hotels near Paradise beach
Where to Stay in Mykonos on a Budget
The 15 Best Mykonos Hotels on the Beach
Mykonos vs Santorini. Which one is better to visit?
The 15 best Mykonos Hotels with Private Pools
Mykonos Nightlife Guide: The 20 best bars, night clubs and Beach clubs in Mykonos
Best area to stay in Mykonos
Where to stay in Mykonos: Beach or Town
Best 5 Star Hotels in Mykonos
Best time to visit Mykonos
Best Suite Hotels in Mykonos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Nammos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Town
Best Mykonos Hotels for Yoga
Mykonos to Athens by Ferry or Flight