Can You Visit Mykonos from Crete? Planning Your Greek Odyssey
Ancient history, pristine beaches, and vibrant nightlife- these are just a few things that make the Greek islands a must-visit destination for wanderlust souls. Two of the most popular islands are undoubtedly Mykonos and Crete. The question often asked is: Can you visit Mykonos from Crete? The answer is a resounding “yes!” But how? Well, that’s what this guide is all about! So, let’s get started on planning your Greek odyssey.
Getting to Mykonos from Crete
Whether you prefer to travel by sea or air, there are numerous options available to get to Mykonos from Crete.
Traveling by ferry is a popular option and an adventure in its own right. The journey gives you the chance to enjoy the stunning views of the Aegean Sea. The main port in Crete is Heraklion, and there are regular ferries to Mykonos during the high season (May to September). However, keep in mind that this could be a lengthy trip, taking up to 8 hours, depending on the ferry service.
If you prefer a faster route, consider flying. Mykonos has an international airport, and there are daily flights from Crete’s Heraklion Airport. The flight duration is roughly 45 minutes, making it a convenient option for those short on time.
Once you’ve arrived in Mykonos, the real adventure begins. This island is renowned for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, stunning beaches, and exciting nightlife. Here are some must-see and do things in Mykonos:
- Wander Around Mykonos Town: Known as Chora, this town is a maze of narrow streets lined with white houses, colorful doors, and blooming bougainvillea. Don’t miss the iconic windmills and the beautiful Panagia Paraportiani church.
- Beach Hop: Mykonos is famous for its golden sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters. Some of the best include Super Paradise, Elia, and Ornos. Whether you prefer a lively beach club or a quiet cove, there’s a beach for everyone in Mykonos.
- Enjoy the Nightlife: As the sun sets, the island comes alive with an electrifying nightlife. From beach parties at Tropicana Club to sophisticated cocktails at the Caprice Bar, there’s a venue to suit every taste.
Where to Stay in Mykonos
Mykonos offers a wide range of accommodations to suit different budgets and preferences. From luxurious villas to charming guesthouses, there’s something for everyone. Here are a few suggestions:
- Bill & Coo Suites and Lounge: This luxury hotel offers stunning sea views, a gourmet restaurant, and a magnificent infinity pool.
- MyCocoon Hostel: For budget travelers, this stylish hostel in Mykonos Town is a great option. It has a pool, bar, and dormitory rooms with privacy curtains.
- Villa Kampani: If you’re traveling with a group, consider renting this stunning villa located right in Mykonos Town. It comes with a private pool, three bedrooms, and a fully equipped kitchen.
Indeed, you can visit Mykonos from Crete, and it’s a journey worth making. From the moment you set foot on this enchanting island, you’ll be captivated by its beauty, energy, and charm. So, whether you’re a history buff, beach lover, or party-goer, Mykonos promises an unforgettable Greek odyssey. Just remember to plan ahead and book your ferry or flight in advance, especially during the high season. Safe travels!
Planning a trip to Mykonos?
Check out “Where to Stay in Mykonos in 2024” for top tips on the coolest areas and comfiest hotels, perfect for any travel style or budget. Get the inside scoop here and make your Mykonos adventure unforgettable!
5 Mykonos hotels near Paradise beach
Where to Stay in Mykonos on a Budget
The 15 Best Mykonos Hotels on the Beach
Mykonos vs Santorini. Which one is better to visit?
The 15 best Mykonos Hotels with Private Pools
Mykonos Nightlife Guide: The 20 best bars, night clubs and Beach clubs in Mykonos
Best area to stay in Mykonos
Where to stay in Mykonos: Beach or Town
Best 5 Star Hotels in Mykonos
Best time to visit Mykonos
Best Suite Hotels in Mykonos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Nammos
Best Mykonos Hotels near Town
Best Mykonos Hotels for Yoga
Mykonos to Athens by Ferry or Flight